- 2 cups dried quinoa (plus water according to package instructions)
- 1 bouillon cube (chicken or vegetable) in pot with quinoa and water
- 3/4 cup shelled, frozen edamame
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 diced red pepper
- 1/2 diced orange pepper
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Approx. 1/4 cup fresh parsley
Optional substitutions / additions depending on season:
Halved cherry or grape tomatoes, corn, segmented clementines, black beans, chopped kale
- Bring water and bouillon to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in quinoa.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer, until water is mostly absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place frozen edamame / corn in microwave for 1-2 minutes, or run under warm water in a strainer.
- In large bowl, mix together quinoa, edamame, corn, cranberries, onion, peppers and parsley.
- Add vinegar, oil, mustard, salt, pour over quinoa and toss to coat.
- Chill and serve.