I'll post soon as to the story behind these shoes, but for now, here's my first, right out of the box reaction to them:
- They are unlike any other running shoes I've seen: the bright, spongy back segment, the minimal number of laces, the lace support system itself, the treads, the tongue being replaced by a stretchy material.
- The colours are vibrant and fun. They will go with many clothing items.
- These shoes look nothing like the Reeboks I received as part of my work uniform when I worked at an amusement park as a teen.
- I tried them on, wondering, will they be supportive enough with fewer laces and the softer style shoe?
- I always struggle with getting the tension right on new shoe laces...these immediately felt 'right.'
- I love that I can move my toes around, yet the shoe still provides structure and a stable feeling.
- The fit is true to size. I wear a 9 in most shoes and these are a perfect 9.
- No spots dig in or feel awkward. Remarkably, when trying on one of my other shoes on one foot and a Floatride on the other, I find it hard to notice any difference. I wear a neutral shoe. The rise feels similar.
- I use Superfeet inserts in all of my shoes as prescribed by a sport medicine doctor. The inserts pop into the shoe easily and fit perfectly on the shoe base.
- When walking around my office, the Floatrides feel supportive, super comfortable and give a little spring to my step.
Stay tuned for more on why these bright, comfy runners are going to be gracing my feet on my next run! And if you are totally in love and want to try a pair yourself, I hear one of the few places that has them in store is the Rosedale Running Room!