- 3 cups carrots, chopped
- 3 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups cooked whole grain rice
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp tomatillo salsa
- 1 tsp dried cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Chop carrots, sweet potatoes, onion and peppers and place in mixing bowl.
Add olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme.
Mix well and place on baking trays. Place in preheated oven.
- Prepare rice if not already cooked.
- Add beans, cumin and salsa to a pan and heat.
- Flip veggies approximately every 10 minutes and switch placement of baking trays in oven.
Cook for approximately 30 minutes or until carrots and potatoes are softened and slightly browned.
- Line 4 large bowls with 2 cups spinach each.
- Once rice, beans and veggies are cooked, layer each into bowl of spinach starting with rice, then beans and top with veggies.
- If desired, serve with a splash of vinaigrette dressing. Does not need much as the veggies and beans are flavourful.
Makes 4 dinner-sized servings.