Here's why runners should include strength training...
- Boosts your metabolism so you'll burn more calories at rest.
- Balances weak areas of the body to reduce injury.
- Improves running form through mimicking proper form movements.
- Builds muscle to support bones and joints that are jolted by hard pavement while running.
- Creates a stronger core which improves posture and running form.
- Improves your running economy making you a more efficient runner.
- Increases VO2 max meaning faster race times.
- Reduces injuries.
- Repairing existing injuries by building up supporting muscles.
- Improves flexibility, mobility and balance.
- Makes you faster.
I recently took a strength training class with Michelle at Imprint Pilates. By the end of the six weeks I noticed a change in my flexibility, balance and endurance. My body felt more toned and stronger. I'm excited to take on the next six weeks of Michelle's class as the date for my fall half marathon goal approaches!
For more information on the next class starting Monday, September 12th: www.facebook.com/events/174396632974456/